Version 3 has been released - find out what's new!
Nebulosity is designed to be a powerful, but simple to use capture and processing application for Windows (XP/7 32/64 bit) and OS X (10.6-8). A huge array of cameras are supported for capture (see below) and images from just about anything can be processed (support for many FITS formats, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, DSLR RAW files, etc). Its goal is to suit people ranging from the novice imager who wants to create his or her first images to the advanced imager who wants a convenient, flexible capture application for use in the field. In it, you get a host of purpose-built, powerful tools to make the most out of your images and imaging sessions.
Nebulosity 3 (currently version 3.1) is $80. Existing v3 users can download the current full-release or any pre-releases free of any cost (your v3 license is good for all v3 updates). Users with a valid version 1 license or users with a valid version 2 license can upgrade to a version 3 license for $40 and $25 respectively (discounted to $20 if purchased on or after Jan 1, 2012).
Nebulosity 3 supports a wide range of cameras on both Windows and OS X with more often being found in pre-release versions. They are:
- Canon DIGIC II* / III / 4 EOS DSLRs (1000D/Rebel XS, 500D/T1i, 550D/T2i, 1100D/T3, 600D/T3i, 450D/Rebel XSi, 400D/Digital Rebel XTi, 350D/Digital Rebel XT, 60D/Da, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D/20Da, 7D, 5D Mark II, 5D, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark II, 1Ds Mark III and 1Ds Mark II)*.
- Fishcamp Starfish
- Meade DSI, DSI Pro, DSI II, DSI II Pro, DSI III and DSI III Pro.
- QHY 8, 8L, 8Pro, 9, 10, 12
- QSI 500 / 600 series
- Starlight Xpress USB2 models (SXV / SXVF / SXV-R / Lodestar / etc. including those converted to USB 2 via the SX adapter)
- ASCOM-5/6 compliant cameras
- Apogee cameras
- Atik 3xx, 4xx, 4000, 11000, 16, 16IC, and 16HR / Artemis cameras (both older 16-series and all newer cameras via their universal driver)
- CCD Labs Q8-HR / Q453, Q285M / QHY2 Pro
- FLI cameras
- Moriavian G2/G3 (v3 or higher firmware)
- Orion StarShoot Deep-Space Color Imager (original) **
- OpticStar DS-335 series, DS-336C, DS-615, DS616, DS-142, DS-145, and PL-130
- SAC7 / SC1 long-exposure modified webcams / Atik 1 and Atik 2 cameras.
* Earlier DIGIC I Canons (e.g. the 300D) are not supported. If you’re looking for a nice focus / capture tool for the Mac and earlier cameras, try iAstroPhoto. Also, for the DIGIC II cameras, Canon has declared them "unsupported" by their Software Development Kit. They do continue to work, but it is not clear if this will change in the future and this does interact with the OS you're using (e.g., many DIGIC II's are not supported or capture on Windows 7).
** The Orion StarShoot II, Pro, and other current "deep space" ones are not supported directly but are supported via their ASCOM drivers. Their "Solar system" cameras can work (as they are similar to webcams), but keep in mind Nebulosity is designed for deep-space photography.
PurchasingIf you're ready to purchase Nebulosity, version 3 is $80. Purchase of the license code entitles you to free upgrades within that version (e.g., a 3.0 license will get you free upgrades to any 3.x product). Simply download the current version, submit your payment via the PayPal icon below (you do not need a PayPal account - credit cards without PayPal accounts are just fine). The license code will be automatically e-mailed to you (please check the e-mail account associated with your PayPal account (or entered in at time of purchase) and ensure that the e-mail was not labeled as SPAM. The code should arrive within minutes).
Version 3 (Current)
|Upgrades to v3|
|Click here to upgrade |
from version 1 or 2
Windows and OS X SupportNebulosity is a cross-platform application. It runs natively in Windows (Win2k, XP, Vista, Win7 32 and 64) and in OS X 10.6-10.8 (Intel only - Version 2 supported PPC processors - Version 3.0.7 was the last to support OS X 10.5). While Nebulosity itself is fully cross-platform, many of the camera drivers required for image capture are not. Under OS X, camera control and image capture is supported for a limited set of cameras (see above). Likewise, some cameras (e.g., older Canon DIGIC II DSLRs) are not supported by Canon under Windows 7. All processing features are currently supported and license codes purchased for the Windows version of Nebulosity will unlock the OS X version as well. You are free to download both Windows and OS X versions and use the same code for each.
Note: Windows 9x is not officially supported.